"Trixzey"

"Trixzey"

Perhaps having being evicted from a Google platform I finally was getting the hang of is causing this creative malaise; I'm not sure.  But -- in attempting to recreate my hundreds of "stories" posted on G+ (which, if you don't know, the google-gawds preemptively decided to take-down) -- I've found myself in a kind of funk, posting the vids I had recorded of local musician greats who are no longer with us. 

This seems appropriate since, in essence, google-Daleks killed them a second time,  R.I.P. my friends.... Let's get this dirge going with  a few re-posts from links still lurking on google's search engine, but when clicked goes to their "ain't der no mo'" page (damn code rats, grr)

Ah, Clarence! What an extraordinary reed-man! Here he is in early-2000 improvising, almost twisting his silver saxophone to shape notes around an original song by "Nervous Duane" Larson, on electric guitar. The set also features Trixzey's brother, Will Slaughter, on trumpet; and "Dr. Dangerous" on violin. We're at Checkpoint Charlie Music Club (501 Esplanade Avenue @ Frenchmen Street) in New Orleans, Louisiana.
I'll get back to the Trixzey Slaughter tragedy, but I'm wondering if anyone is "out there" even?  As I said, and until I learn WordPress, I've decided to use this "Blogspot" thread to re-post original content I had uploaded for public view on Google+ over these past several years. I don't expect an audience (there's much better reads on the 'net, folks, don't waste your time!(:  But any positive feedback "out there" would be much appreciated, thanks.


Besides, I'm mostly using this platform only as an online "bank" to store & share my memories --from the Woodstock Folk Festival (the date of "birth" I provide the google-gawds when asked is "August 15, 1969"); to the present, or until I die.  Unless -- of course -- the google+ blue meanies suddenly turn Judas on us struggling content-providers (again) and delete Blogger from its little netherworld.... Until then, here we go! (: 



~thomas balzac

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Sundays"

"The Mueller Report" ~postscript